Sunday, May 3, 2009

STOP!!! Don't throw that away!!!

Hey Friends,

So I was strolling through my herb garden this morning and noticed a ton of little weed seedlings rearing their little heads out of the soft, wet soil. The first thing that came to mind was to get down on all fours and commence to pulling the little boogers out one by one, but I would be there all day if I did that. I went to the back porch where we store our old newspapers and realized we have exhausted our supply!!! Oh the humanity! :)
Mulching and composting have taken a toll on the grand newspaper pile we once had, so if you have any old newspapers, glossy inserts removed, PLLLLLLEASE save them for me!!! If you aren't already using newspaper for mulch in your own garden, save your newspaper for Whitton Farms and we will gladly put them to good use, rather than have them accumulate at the landfill.
You can drop off your stack to us at the Memphis Botanic Garden on Wednesdays, 2:00 - 6:00pm or Saturdays at the Memphis Farmers Market 7:00 am - 1:00 pm. Jonesboro folks you can drop off at the ASU Regional Farmers Market every Saturday 7:00 am - 1:00 pm. We also take clear glass jars and old tin cans. I guess the old saying of one man's trash is another man's treasure rings true here.

So the rain has come and gone, come and gone, come and... well, its still here. Our crops still look fantastic, but I would really prefer less mud in between my toes, ankles, shins, in the hair, etc... in the coming week. The dogs are a mess as well, but they seem totally at ease in the grit and grime of it all. Our shoes are caked with mud so barefootin' is how we roll for the time being. Just another day on the farm I guess, always at the mercy of the weather. I really wouldn't want it any other way.

Well, just felt the need to send a little message out to everyone. I am relaxing hard on a Sunday afternoon and hope you are as well. Many blessings and thanks to you who care to read this. I am heading to a soft chair with a good cookbook to pilfer through.

Peace ya'll,
JillBilly

1 comment:

  1. Jill, do you still need clear glass jars? I have several boxes worth. I was trying to give them away, but since they're not canning jars, no one seems to want them.

    ReplyDelete